So, you are already decided to jazz up your wedding reception or corporate party with a photo booth and want to make sure that your guests take the fullest advantage of it? Here are some insight tips on how to make your photo booth experience a complete hit.
1. Placement. The placement of your photobooth is extremely important. Try to set it up in a highly visible area near the action. The prefect spot is next to the bar and/or dance floor. Also, make sure that the location of your photobooth is somehow lit, so it’s not placed in the dark corner of the room. People exiting the photobooth should enjoy their prints and being able to see and sign your guest book/scrapbook. Being in the business of photo booth rentals for years we got to see the raw emotions of happiness people laughing out loud, waiting anxiously by the print/scrapbook station, gathering in groups to judge their latest adventure in the photobooth and then having fun decorating a scrapbook.
2. Size really matters. Instead of a small old fashion photo “box” that fits only 2-3 people, rent a professional photobooth designed for large groups. It really makes the difference. It’s so much fun to watch 20 of your guests squeal with excitement as they pile into a booth. The more the merrier!
3. Announcements/reminders. Make sure you let your guests know about a photobooth, its location and that it is available to them at no cost. Ask your DJ or MC to make announcements about your photo booth throughout the night. Place table cards featuring information about it; provide a note at the place setting.
4. Use of props. Want to really spice up your photo booth rental? Props are a must have for weddings, corporate parties, bar/bat mitzvahs, dance parties, quinceaneras, holiday parties, graduations, proms, family reunions, fundraisers and other events because of the fun they encourage. Many photobooth rental companies offer props for an additional cost or include them in their packages. You can also bring your own props. Here are some ideas: goofy glasses, pirate props, including a parrot, spyglass, eye patches, gold pieces, an earring, knight props, a sword, a shield, a helmet, king and queen crowns, smiles on a stick, mustaches on a stick, glasses with mustaches, noses, and eyebrows, an explorer’s hat, a business hat, a construction worker’s hat, clown noses, lots of different wigs, boas, air blown toys and musical instruments, frames, signs, chalkboard speech bubbles, feather fans, fancy hats, angel wings, devil pitchfork, animal ears, noses, tails and much more.
5. External monitor. Find a company that offers an external monitor playing a slide show of the pictures taken in the photobooth. It usually attracts a crowd and is a huge hit with the guests, creating hilarious moments and giving them ideas for posing.
Rent a photobooth from a professional photo booth rental company. The photo booth attendant(s) will make sure that everything goes smoothly at your event and guarantee the success.